Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2004 2:16:13 AM EDT
I just bought a Blackhawk cheekpiece for my M14. When unpackping i noticed the label inside: "Blackhawk made in Vietnam".....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep sad to say but is true. I remember when blackhawk was made in Virginia.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I remember when blackhawk was made in Virginia.

Wow.  You're old.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
MAYBE...

IPSC_GUY

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember when blackhawk was made in Virginia.

Wow.  You're old.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy Eagle....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought Vietnam was our friend now . . .
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't bother me.  I have a Blackhawk cell phone pouch made in Vietnam.   I remember all the civilians and small children that were good to us.   The children thought that us American GI's were amazing.  I'd like to think that they have grown up to a good life and.......................to all my children I might have over there that I don't know about...thanks for my cell phone pouch!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
While I don't agree with them making stuff in Vietnam I am extremely impressed with their STRIKE and CQC lines.  Both seem to be high quality and well made.  Since they are a Norfolk based company and they do employee a lot of people here I support them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Gee, only a few years ago Blackhawk was made in Korea. Guess they found a cheaper labor source.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Good deal...John F Kerry would love it...

Maybe even some of our MIAs and POWs he betrayed have been working in their sweatshops
naturally they prefer slave labor...

The commies also like cheap peasant labor..more for the Party...

imo
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#11]
My holster say's made in Korea...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Say what you will about BHI but I have had nothing but great service from them and their products have not seemd to dropped in quality due to the move.

Don't get me wrong I wish it was made in the USA but the prices have remained the same for many years and because of that I can afford the gear that I may need.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Buy Eagle....

While I have numerous Eagle products and think very highly of them, Eagle seems to be making their stuff out of the material "unobtanium" (yes, I know there's a war on).  A product made in Vietnam that I can get sometime this year is better than a product that I have to wait for 21 months to get (no shit, that's how long I waited for an Eagle DMP-3-FB OD mag pouch for a Glock).  Eagle's stuff is really good, if I could get it I would buy it.  But availability is an issue.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Tactical Tailor, great price and American made.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Made 23 miles (by road) from my house
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.to all my children I might have over there that I don't know about...thanks for my cell phone pouch!  

That's something really be proud about!

I thought it was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:06:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.to all my children I might have over there that I don't know about...thanks for my cell phone pouch!  

That was pretty funny
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:09:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did too!  Good one Rambosky
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#21]
My Camelbaks are made in the Phillipines, my Hatch gloves from Pakistan, my Alta pads don't even say where they are from...    There's no way you can stick to a "American made only" standard today, but at least there are still a lot of American made choices with tactical gear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1  

I have several TT products and they are great.  Affordable, available and American.

Having said that, I think BHI STRIKE products are good to go and they are definatley available.

JMO
YMMV
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]
As the Soviet communist Lev Bronstein (a.k.a. Trotsky) once said: "a capitalist will sell you a gun even if he knows you are going to kill hem with it". While i've always being an anti-communist this has some thruth in it. We in the West love to buy Asian made stuff because it's cheaper then Western made. When the next company closes it's gates to relocate in Asia and people here lose there jobs we get upset and angry.....
When partiots buy things that are made by a country they accuse to hold POW's or MIA's back that's even stranger to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow I'm trying to figure out how this applies to optics.  Blackhawk doesn' make scopes or mounts.

And if you didn't know their stuff was made in Vietnam you must have been hiding under a rock for a very long time.  This gets discussed in all the gear forums at least annually.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top