Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 1:14:48 AM EDT
OK...I'm new to this but I was wondering how much weapons mountable NV that can be used with an aimpoint or EOTech would run.....I have seen NV for as little as $499 going all the way up to/over $3000.
One of the main reasons I was wondering is because I am building my own rifle for cary on duty and I work mainly from 7 pm to 7 am. I am planning to put some sort of optic(probabally aimpoint or eotech) on the rifle and was wondering if the optic would be enough or if NV would be necessary.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The first question really is going to be what kind of budget are you able to work with? What kind of distances are you looking at? Is this for a private security set up? Also where in NC are you located?

Optimally would be a PVS 14 behind an aimpoint. There are those that will say mounting your primary NVD on your weapon is asking for trouble as to "look around" with it you have to point your weapon to do so. Personally I use a PVS 14 mounted in an M69 mount that I can pop on and off the weapon as needed. the 14 lives in a pocket on my vest and I simply pull it out and look around with it. If something gives me cause to to put it on the weapon I do and go from there.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in Iredell county but I work in Rowan as a law enforcement officer. Unfortunately I will be buying the NV out of my own pocket IF I buy any.
As far as distances go I would think less than 300 yard shots would be all I would be taking and that may be exagerating a little.
I have a set of NV goggles Just to look around with (late 90's military issue) but I dont have anything that is weapons mountable.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top