Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 7:46:51 PM EDT
Reason I ask is on the EE optics it looks like lots of private sellers with $900 optics for sale and I'm cautious about sending so much money if their not a dealer and if that can void the warranty?

Any advice? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is it is warranteed regardless of where you got it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
They go by the serial number on the sight. YMMV but this is my experience.

1)  I bought a TA44-R4 at a gun show. I got a good deal on it because the tritium was out. I contacted JoLeene at Trijicons cust. service dept. and told her my tale.( Used, no warranty card, no tritium etc.)   She researched the serial number and said it was in warranty, send it in and they would inspect it. I paid for shipping back to Trijicon and they put in new glass, new reticle and a new tritium lamp in it and sent it back. The warranty then started over.  I believe that they would have sent a UPS pick up had I been the original owner and had a card on file. Thats about the only difference.

It took about three weeks to get it back. Its still running strong and sits on a COLT 6530 that my wife shoots.

2) I bought a used TA-50-2 with a chipped rear glass on it. Once again I called Joleene and she researched the serial number. It was in warranty also so she said send it in. I actually sold it the way it was but the purchaser sent it in to be repaired. I dont know how long it took.

This was before the war started. I dont know how fast their warranty service is since they have these big Govt orders.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top