Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 7:45:31 AM EDT
For my BM Varminter, who has the best reputation for the most rugged variables?
All opinions welcome!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
NightForce NXS!!

Very Heavy, But Tough

Also, a bit pricey, but  my 8-32x56 NXS is my favorite Varmint scope Now!!!!

Stuart

http://outcast.homeunix.org/uploads/guncase.jpg
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Leupold makes some very good variable power scopes (I have two - one MR/T 3-9 and one LR/T 4.5-14).  Both are well made, durable, good glass and in the "mid-range" price category.  US Optics makes some incredible scopes that are tough as nails (and they will hammer nails with them as a demo of their toughness) but are very expensive.  There are others like Nightforce, Zeiss, Schmidt and Bender, Hensoldt, Unertl, etc.  There are quite a few very good variable power scopes available, just depends on how much you want to spend, reticle types, and whether or not you need the extra elevation that a 30mm tube will provide over a 1" tube.  Hope that helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top