Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 12:59:05 AM EDT
Im looking for a scope for my 16" target/varmit AR

I use this rifle at the range punching paper 100- 200 yards max ( the range is 200 yards max)

I dont shoot competetively, just for fun, but I want an accurate scope none the less

Im considering the Burris FFII 3x-9x, but am open to other suggestions in the $200 market

At these ranges (100-200yrds) would I need or want an Adjustable Obj?

or would that only be a benifit for less than 100yards (I wont be shooting at less than 100yrds)

also what about parallax, I dont fully understand this yet but what do I need to know about Parallax when choosing a scope given the distances I will be shooting?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer any help
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want your targets to look thier best. You will need a finer reticle and more magnification than a 3-9 hunting scope. Adjustable objective will 'adj. parallax'. If you want to only shoot targets, get a target scope. You will be glad you did. A weaver k-15 will do it to 200 and back as close as 25-30 for about 200.00. Start with this if you are on a budget, more money will of course help clear up those 200yd. targets.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
parallax happens when you move your eye off of center when looking through a scope thereby changing the point of aim. Parallax adj corrects for this problem.
Edit-- has to due with the curvature of the lenses

At the ranges you are talking about shooting this shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the input everyone
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top