Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 8:23:23 AM EDT
How does the Aimpoint compare to Eotech for field of view?  Do you keep both eyes open using the Aimpoint like Eotech?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep both eyes open with Aimpoint. I'm sure you will hear arguments for both products. I have both and prefer the Aimpoint----others prefer Eotech. See if you can get together with someone who owns these sights and see what you like. Both are good sights! Good luck!

Thin
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got an eotech and am considering buying an Aimpoint for my other AR.  The reason I went with eotech is the field of view and I can keep both eyes open.  I don't like traditional scopes.  I'm wondering how much difference there is between the two.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got an eotech and am considering buying an Aimpoint for my other AR.  The reason I went with eotech is the field of view and I can keep both eyes open.  I don't like traditional scopes.  I'm wondering how much difference there is between the two.

YMMV, but I'm one of those guys that has a hard time not closing my non dominat eye when shooting due to  the way I got learned to shoot as a kid, I've been working on that issue with my glock for the past 9 months and still have problems not reverting back to 1 eye sighting.  But with my aimpoint, it feels natural to leave both eyes open & I don't have any f.o.v. issues, I rather like the AP.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
With both eyes open the FOV is very good.  I don't have any problems with it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Got an Aimpoint myself.  Using two eyes open is a non issue.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top