Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 7:27:37 PM EDT
I am about to purchase a sight for my AR15 and have pretty much made up my mind to go with the Eotech/Bushnell holosight for fast target acquisition and also some distance shooting unless I find something that does the job better for the money....still cannot afford an acog.  Okay, let me get this straight. From what I have read here on the forums and on the eotech/bushnell sites....the holosights made by eotech and bushnell are the exact same???
This appears to be so except for maybe the night vision version from Eotech maybe and also the name stamped on the side of the sight whether it be Eotech or Bushnell.
Riddle me this...what is the advantage of buying the Eotech for roughly $400 when I can have what appears to be the same sight from Bushnell for roughly $100 less? I have read time and again about the woes of purchasing a cheaper/inferior optic over a more expensive, but better sight and agree to a certain extent of the rationale behind that thinking. On the other hand, if I can have practically the same sight, produced under the same roof but with a differnent name for a better price, then what is the harm in doing so?
I am sure that this has been addressed in the forums already but I have not come across it as yet of this post. If someone could be kind enough to point me in the right direction or if you have an outright answer or opinion on the subject then I would appreciate your input. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Seans,
The Bushnell is made by EOTech as a "sportsman's" model. It does not have the protective hood that the LE / Millitary models have. READ THIS! The first post will explain it all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top