Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 9:10:53 PM EDT
Anyone use this guy?  Any comments? Any recommendations? I am replacing my Meprolight/KIMBER sight that failed after less than 200 rounds. Did learn that if I get tritiums again, I will go front sight only. Thinking about just leaving them off all together...tritiums that is...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No feedback from any of ya?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with the stripe version, but I will try to help.

First, I do highly recoomend using the same plane rear aperature.  The large rear aperture works in conjunction with the Big Dot Trituim front sight.  This is the setup that I use.

WARNING - the Big Dot Front Trituim is primarily for CQB.  Using it at 50 yards, for example, is not very precision shooting.  From the sand bag, the best I could do with the Big Dot was 4" groups.

I do recommend sighting-in the Big Dot so that the POI is lined-up with the actual trituim dot, and NOT the tip of the front post.  This way, the night time POI wil match because the night time POI would be using the tritium itself and not the post.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
G35, thank you, kind sir, for the reply. Iwas thinking that the Big Dot looked pretty good, but as you say, not very precise. I was thinking that the stripe would be better in that regard. The same plane rears also struck me as a great improvement, glad to know that it works well. Overall, would you say that you are pleased with the quality/performance of your XS sight?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Overall, would you say that you are pleased with the quality/performance of your XS sight?

Yes, very much.  I am very pleased with the Big Dot and same-plane rear combo for CQB.  I carry my AR for self defense.  So, anything that I might need my AR for would be close-up work.  And, the Big Dot is very easy to aquire either in daylight and in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, sirs, for the info. I think I'm gonna stick with the standard sights for now, but will probably go with the stripe if I go back to tritium.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top