Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2004 12:27:18 PM EDT
Anyone use the KillFlash or the Rubber Eyepiece?

Are the useful? or just a waste of hard earned cash? How much "foggyness" or distortion does the Killflash inflict on the optic?

also, does anyone really use the rubber bikini scope cover?

-U-
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
does anyone really use the rubber bikini scope cover?

-U-

It's very well designed.

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/34987364.jpg
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in opinions here as well but actually, I just ordered both bikini and the rubber eye-piece for my TA31 (Brownells)

WTH- they were about 12-14 bucks each, so even if they're useless, Im not dead

I fully expect the bikini (I love that nick-name) to be used as it surely protects better than the scope cover they give you with it, because it protects the lenses

as for the kill-flash..........................I don't snipe..................................yet
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally don't believe in covers on a tactical scope.

One more thing to get you dead if you need it.

Killflash - for us civvies not in a combat zone, I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If you choke that bikini cover off in the middle with a zip tie around the body of the acog you can leave the front cover on while the back one is off.  This allows you to use your scope like an occluded eye sight for indoor shooting.  Just another trick to make a versitile sight even more so.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You can hardly tell you have the kill flash on either a compact (only tried 2x and 3x, don't know about 1.5) or a full sized, it is similar to the front sight the magnification allows you to see beyond it without evening noticing that much of it, unlike the aimpoint where the lack of mag makes it easy to see.

One positive is it does help a little with the washout problem of the amber reticles in the compacts, but you will still get it against white walls, etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep the bikini cover  on at all times to keep the dust out.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top