Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 8:57:25 PM EDT
the biggest thing holding me back from an aimpoint (and pushing be toward the EOTech) is tunnel vision it looks like you would get in CQB scenarios. can anyone with exprience shed some light on the issue? i'd like to keep this conversation centered around CQB use, not about which had longer battery life, etc. i ran a search and found nothing and the tacked post was about long range.

i realize these are marketing photos, but they do illustrate my point:

aimpoint:

eotech:

ETA: i'm considering getting a tacpoint to use and decide if the aimpoint style is something i'll like.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
shoot with both eyes open, that is how you are "supposed" to do it. I've shot both Aimpont and Eotech, and I didnt experience any tunnel vision, even at close ranges. As long as you dont crowd the sight and keep both eyes open, youll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You do realize those are photos are through a single camera lense with NV, not the shooters view with both eyes open? I've never had a problem with tunnel vision on an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You do realize those are photos are through a single camera lense with NV, not the shooters view with both eyes open? I've never had a problem with tunnel vision on an Aimpoint.

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
In a CQB scenario you shoot with both eyes open. The pictures you posted are a bit misleading, as the Aimpoint FOV would be the same as the EOTechs (minus whatever obstuction you'd get from knobs, caps, hoods, wtf ever).

I'm faster with my Aimpoint than my EOTech because I find the hashmarks on the reticle to be a tad distracting. Try both, keep which works better.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
shoot with both eyes open, that is how you are "supposed" to do it. I've shot both Aimpont and Eotech, and I didnt experience any tunnel vision, even at close ranges. As long as you dont crowd the sight and keep both eyes open, youll be fine.

what if you have to close your other eye because of eye dominance issues? i'm right handed with a dominant left eye.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what if you have to close your other eye because of eye dominance issues? i'm right handed with a dominant left eye.

Dont you shoot off your left shoulder then?

off a bench yes. offhanded, i'm a lot more stable right handed. i'm working on it though. i guess it just takes practice after you learned on your right shoulder.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I have looked through both and the FOV is the pretty much the same. Some say the EoTech has the better FOV, but I cannot see the difference.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top