Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 5:18:37 PM EDT
This thing is freakin sweet!   I got the TA31F with the cheveron recticle from DNRsports and I think I got a good deal on it.  Anyway,  I am putting it on a Colt with the removable handle and wondered what you guys like best or what works the best as far as either mounting it on the handle or mounting it on the flat top? Right now I have it on the flat top but I think I might like it better on the handle so I would still have use of the open sights.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the new ACOG!

I use the ARMS 19s mount for my flat top, and back that up with an ARMS 40L BUIS

Great combo, and best of both worlds

I am sure you will love your new set up !
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The TA31F came with flat top hardware already attatched to it so I will probably try that out since I already have it.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess which way I prefer:

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Guess which way I prefer:

www.protacglobal.com/images/LiteWeight3.jpg

How secure is it when mounting on the handle with only the one hole?

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guess which way I prefer: href=www.protacglobal.com/images/LiteWeight3.jpg

The TA31 fits pretty tightly down between the ridges atop the carry handle. Then once the bolt is tightened, it's not going anywhere. When it's secured, the carry handle would probably bend before the sight would move. For peace of mind/more permanent mounting, the sight comes with instructions for drilling a second hole in the carry handle to use both bolts. (although an extra bolt/washer would have to be purchased from trijicon for a small price)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is VERY secure...

A few TA31f's have popped up here and there. I hope those of you who have been waiting got ahold of the few that became available!

Well let me tell you something  I did the research on the ACOGs and decided on the TA31F.  I then began to price them and find availability.  To my supprise I was unable to find any and the ones I did find were outragous.  the moderatly priced ones were on backorder with no promise when they would be in.

I finally decided to check out one more place that I have ordered lots of stuff in the past and they had a few ACOGs in stock with one of them being the TA31F with the flattop mount for $920.  I think the TA31 and 31A were $870 and the TA01 models started at $691.  The models they listed were all cheaper then anywere else I have found.  dnrsports
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
hmmm i wonder if they have another ta31f in stock. i want one of those
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I dont think so.  they may have a few other acogs though.    I would not bother with emailing them, your best bet is to call and check and then place the order on the phone, they are much easier to deal with on the phone
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#11]

As others have stated, it's incredibly secure.  But I'm an insecure guy, so since I took that picture I drilled the extra hole in my CH and added the second mounting screw; you couldn't get that TA31 off of the handle now without using C4.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats on the new ACOG!

I use the ARMS 19s mount for my flat top, and back that up with an ARMS 40L BUIS
img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/M5.jpg

Great combo, and best of both worlds

I am sure you will love your new set up !

nice gun brotha...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

D&R is sold out of the TA-31F. I called around to all the online ACOG sources I know of and they are all "indefinetly" BACKORDERED. The only place that has ONE TA-31F available is BROWNELL's, BUT they want FULL RETAIL $1,267.00! But their dealer price is $950.00. Hope this helps you!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top