Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 4:20:43 PM EDT
Someone mind explaining BAC and how does the donut recticle work on small targets at extended ranges?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I could, but I will let Trijicon explain it for you.. Less typing for me..

Watch the BAC video..
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks but I cant view video on my computer
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, the short short version.

You look thru the scope with both eyes open. While doing this you are moving your rifle and scanning for targets, you see the area/targets you are looking at, and the dot of the scope..

When you stop with the dot on the target, your brain automaticaly makes your eye focus on the magnified image.. Thus making it faster in target engament..
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
ahh I doubt this will work for me my left eye is somewhat of a lazy eye... not noticeable unless my eyes are stressed , but if I look through a scope or even iron sights with both eyes open my eye crosses and I see double... I typically shoot over and to the right when attempting to shoot with both eyes open as my vision from my crossed left eye super imposes over what my right eye is seeing in other words I am aiming into open air with the sights bu my brain sees the sights covering the target ,,, I dont know if that makes sense or not ... something else that is weird is that I have perfect vision in both eyes even with the left being lazy when stressed
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ahh I doubt this will work for me my left eye is somewhat of a lazy eye... not noticeable unless my eyes are stressed , but if I look through a scope or even iron sights with both eyes open my eye crosses and I see double... I typically shoot over and to the right when attempting to shoot with both eyes open as my vision from my crossed left eye super imposes over what my right eye is seeing in other words I am aiming into open air with the sights bu my brain sees the sights covering the target ,,, I dont know if that makes sense or not ... something else that is weird is that I have perfect vision in both eyes even with the left being lazy when stressed

Shoot with your dominant eye.  I have a lazy eye (my right) which doesn't really drift unless I'm really tired.  My dominant eye is my left.  I'm right handed and have started shooting lefty with rifles and actually shoot about 50-75% better lefty.  I shoot handguns better lefty too just slower than right handed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If I try to shoot left handed/left eyed with both eyes open I dont see the rear sight at all my right eye takes over completely all I see is a side profile of teh front sight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
80% of the time I can keep both eyes open and have no problems its the fact that the 20% always conmes at the worst time that gets me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I see what gotm4 is saying, but I must temper that with some caution: people who have dominant eye problems, especially those who have trouble using binoculars, very often find they can not make use of the BAC component of the ACOG scopes.

You really must find someone close who has an ACOG with whom you can go shooting and try one; it's the ony way you'll know if it'll work for you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top