Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:06:19 PM EDT
The M2 model is NV Gen 3 compatible, but where is the line drawn with the ML2?  I've heard it's Gen 1 compatible, but nothing about Gen 2.

Anyone know?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an ML2.  At its lowest setting it's still too bright for the PVS14, it probably will burn a dot in the tube if it's used like that for just a few minutes.  I got an M2 and EOTech.  Have to admit, the EOTech is much better than the M2 in this area.

PVS14 with EOTech

PVS14 with Aimpoint
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Husker,

It's not so much that the ML2 is not useable with better NVD's, but the CompM2 has (along with the switch settings) lens coatings which transmit nearly 100% of light in the IR/near IR portion of the spectrum.  This gives a clearer, brighter image with genIII and better NVD's.

I hope that helps,

Mike.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top