Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 12:36:19 PM EDT
I know, I know... but I just need a fun scope to mess with and to shoot ~100-300 yards at paper, more like a beginner scope.

Thanks!

BDC New Target Sports, P4 Lighted Reticle

Brand New • 3-9x42 Rubberized Scope with P4 Lighted Reticle • Bullet Drop Compensator • Waterproof • Shockproof • Fogproof
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
um,  junk.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The throw lever looks like it was stamped out of a pie plate.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is NCStar...my buddy gave me his.  He used his in Iraq for about a year.  Said the flip up covers are junk but the scope was pretty nice.  When he gave me his(going to a school where he won't need it) the illumination control had been broken off the side.  I contacted NCStar and they were very good to deal with.  I explained to them what was wrong.  They told me to ship it to them and they will replace it for free.  They even paid the shipping.  Also the one I sent had rings, but I wanted the carry handle mount so they shipped a new carry handle mounted scope.  I know it isn't a great scope or even a fairly good scope.  What I do know is my buddy liked it and he relied on it in a way most of us won't.  
About the broken illum control...he didn't say exactly how it happened he just said it took a heck of a hit.  He still used the scope without the illum for the rest of his time over there, just put a piece of tape over the hole.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
will work better than a turd but not alot better
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
If all you plan on doing is shooting paper with it then give it a try.  Make sure you have realistic expectations of how it will perform.  While I am not one to spend any more money than I need to, I have found that with optics you typically do get what you pay for.  However, most casual users will not push their optics to the point that it makes a difference what brand/type they went with.  Just MHO.  One thing to remember is that whatever you spend on this you will have to save that much more to get what you really want later.  Something to consider.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
For your application......use it and have fun.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top