Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:05:52 AM EDT
Ok i have a bushmaster shorty and a BM with a 20 inch barrel. I want to replace the front sight bases on both to have bayonet  lugs. are they both the same sight base? also where can i find this part? thanks mike d
?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
FSB swap is not an easy task, as there is no standard as to where the pin holes are drilled.  Each barrel/FSB assembly is drilled as a unit.  Basically a FSB from one barrel will have holes different than 99.9% of all other barrels.  It is a task best left to people with the proper tools.

If you already knew this, Bravo Company USA sells the "F" marked FSBs and Yankee Hill Machine sells the standard FSBs, both of these are UNDRILLED.  Drilling a new FSB to an old barrel is not a task I would like to attempt.  Your measurements would have to be exact and your drilling perfectly square, or else you will end up with a canted FSB, which your rear sight windage adjust may or may not be able to compensate for.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
you need a new barrel and front sight assembly.  150.00 should get you where you want to be.
or just not mess with the bayo lug
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Or Kurt at KKF can put a lug on your existing site base. See his forum in the Industry section.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
well i was going to get a front sight base that has set screws, so center it easily. someone tole me its not thats hard to do at all. i dont see this topic under that section- can u post a link? thakls mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top