Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 5:39:24 AM EDT
Just a few questions on it. I'm new to the rail system i have a Bushmaster 16in with what is M-4 type handgaurds. Will the rail system just relace this? how easy is the install. Ive been looking into this for quite some time now and just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it. I am also planning on putting the front post grip from Tango Down products.
Thanks for you advice

Tim
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Tim if you have a chance check out www.ar15reviews.com, I put some info on a couple HG systems on that site.  HTH.AR15reviews.com
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the advice,
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]
email me with specific q's - ihave it love it and would not trade it for any other
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just a few questions on it. I'm new to the rail system i have a Bushmaster 16in with what is M-4 type handgaurds. Will the rail system just relace this? how easy is the install. Ive been looking into this for quite some time now and just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it. I am also planning on putting the front post grip from Tango Down products.
Thanks for you advice

Tim

I have one on mine. You're right, Just take off the M4 handguards and the M73 replaces them. A couple allen set screws tighten it up so there's zero movement. Here's a link to a pic of mine. I had an EOTech mounted on the front rail and could co-witness it w/ the iron sights. I took it off after I got my new optic. Thinking of getting a bipod next to make it a little more convenient at the range.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=204883
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The M73 is extremely easy to install. It is very solid and well made. You MAY want to reconsider your choice of VG, as in my experience my TD VG and M73 aren't happy together (unless minor lateral play doesn't bother you). Apparently, some people get a rock solid marriage between the M73 and TD and some don't. FWIW, the lateral play issue is NOT exclusive to the SF M73. Surefire really stands behind their products. I called about the lateral play and they sent me out a new M73 OVERNIGHT to try out. I still get some lateral movement, so TD will be my next contact for a solution.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
How much are we talkin? a lil bit or WTF? this is my first acc. ill be putting on my AR i ordered it an hour ago ill post pics when i get it up and running thanks for the input guys

Murph out...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
It came in yesterday. It's soooo sweet looking i gota take a pic and post it you were right about the grip it does wiggle side to side a lil bit it's not to bad though. It was a pain in the ass to get those handgaurds off. but its worth the pain. Tango Down grip feels good in my hand but im gonna try a few others as well. Now I want to put a pinned M-4 stock on it as well. How hard is it to change a stock? pics are on the way. thanks for the advice guys
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#9]
you dont have to have a pinned stock, the ban expired, live it up!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
you dont have to have a pinned stock, the ban expired, live it up!!!

I live in Nazi York and its a post ban
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm very happy with my M73 and I'm considering getting another one if I build a 10.5" upper this winter.  They are great systems, especially for the money!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm very happy with my M73 and I'm considering getting another one if I build a 10.5" upper this winter.  They are great systems, especially for the money!

+1 on the cost i didnt want to spend like $400 makes it look super evil
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top