Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 3:10:39 AM EDT
does teh 308 model work with the bac thingie.  I right now have the variable IOR on my FAL.  Thinking of moving that suckler elsewhere and putting on a TA01B....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#1]
No the TA01 series does not have BAC which requires the reticle to be lit (like with the fiberoptic Compact, TA31 and TA11 models)  you dont seem to understand the concept of the BAC.  Id provide a link but i have to leave for work.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Some people can use the Bindon Aiming Concept with an unlit, fine crosshair reticle - those people are genetic freaks! BAC basically works when there is contrast between the reticle and your target. The more contrast there is, the easier it is to use this concept. Some ways of adding contrast are to make a thick post reticle, to illuminate the reticle, or to illuminate a thick reticle (triangle, post).

I do know people who can use BAC with an unlit, thin crosshair reticle. I wish I was one of them; but I'm not. I need an illuminated reticle and a somewhat coarse one at that before I can use BAC well. Since the TA01B is only illuminated at night and has a fine crosshair reticle, you will have to be one of the lucky few or it will not work for you - and by lucky few I mean I can count the people who can do this on one hand despite a lifetime of shooting.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top