Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:12:31 PM EDT
I am a new AR owner.  I am having a mounting dilema with my EOTech Holosight.

1) Remove the carry handle and mount the EOTech directly to the flat top.  It seems as though this option may require me to buy a new rear iron sight since my current one is attached to the handle.  I think I would want a sight that can co-witness with my EOTech.  Any RECOMMENDATIONS on a rear flip-up iron sight for this application?  Would I have to change the front sight too?  Any clarification on the pros and cons of this mounting option would be appreciated.

2) Mount the EOTech to the carry handle.  There are a few options this way.  I believe there is a gooseneck type mount that would attach to the handle, but actually position the EOTech just in front of the handle for co-witnessing with the existing iron sights on the carry handle.

An important consideration is that I also plan to purchase a scope very soon and would like to have both the scope and the EOTech mounted simultaneously.  I'm thinking that I would like the scope mounted off center to the left.  ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A GOOD SETUP OF THIS TYPE?  Please share your knowledge.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top