Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 4:00:52 PM EDT
I have an A3 on order so I can mount my TA-01NSN on it. In the meatime, I was looking for something that could be setup a llittle differently, but wanted another Bushmaster shorty flatop, but today I spotted this A2 shorty, NIB, LE Govt only and wound up taking it home. Last time I had a rifle similar to this was in Vietnam. No scopes back in those days.

But, to get to the point, this new guy to the current AR's needs advice on setting up an optic. I have considered putting a TA31 on it, but am leaning towards an Aimpoint. I've seen some pictures of these on the fixed handle rifles mounted in front of the carry handle. I need advice on a setup like that. The shorty I have now is bone stock, what do I need to set it up? How good do my old eyes need to be to use a setup like this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You can mount most ACOGs on the carry handle, if you dont mind the cheek weld. I advise you to install a free floating rail on your A2 and mount an Aimpoint to it. Or a Compact ACOG on the carry handle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
why the free floating? I've seen severa setup on this forum using a bi level rail witht the aimpoint mounted low in front of the carry handle. If I went free floating, cost wise, I think I'd be better off just springing for an acog and mounting it on the handle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top