Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2004 1:38:32 PM EDT
The IOR and Nightforce are WAY out of my price range, so I thought about the Leupy. Anyone have opinions on it, either Illuminated or not??
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
My dads insnt illuminated. Iits a good scope, pretty fast, very clear.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 1.5-5 Illuminated duplex with the 30mm tube.  Seems like a good enough scope, though I haven't subjected it to any "hard use".  Not sure I'd trust it as much as my ACOG.  

Optics are about on a par with my ACOG TA01C, and if you sight it the middle of the x-hairs at 100yds, the bottom of the thin lines is on at 300, and the point at the top of the thick "post" is on at 400.  Haven't figured out any ranging tricks with it yet, but the MOA for those two ranges match up with my ACOG perfectly.

Not on a par with a 3-9 MR/T, but it's just a touch more than half the price.  I'd say it's a plenty good alternative to the ACOG if you can't find/afford an ACOG.  IF it will hold up to field conditions like an ACOG (which I kinda doubt) then it would be better than an ACOG because of the variable power option and slightly higher magnification.  One tip - use a Larue mount, or put it on an extended rail of some sort so you can get it forward enough for proper eye-relief.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the Ill dot show up well during daylight or is it only illuminated during duck or night??
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]
btt
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
"The circle dot reticle is the same as found on the cumbersome CQB MK whatever. Not precise enough for discriminating use.
This duplex has Thick lines tapering to nothing, and then a crosshair in the middle. Very intuitive, quick to pick up, and precise enough to shoot in a crowd. The illum is great at dusk/dawn, and within the treeline." -Operator on another forum

"We went with the 1.5-5x illuminated duplex reticle model (#54640)--thanks for the heads-up!"
-DocGKR

I would take advice from these guys. Just my opinion. -Justin

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got my Leupold VXIII 1.5X5 from CS Gunworks and love it, glass is crystal clear. The illuminated recticle does not show up on a sunny day, but its not needed then anyway. Really works great at dusk and night.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top