Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2004 11:01:34 AM EDT
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW M4 YESTERDAY, AND I HAVE A SUREFIRE M-500 COMING ON TUESDAY FOR IT.  NOW I NEED TO ORDER A GOOD TAC SLING FOR IT.  ANY GOOD IDEAS OR PICS THAT I CAN VIEW?  IF SOMEBODY COULD SEND ME TO A DECENT PLACE TO ORDER, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT ALSO.  THANKS GUYS.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW M4 YESTERDAY, AND I HAVE A SUREFIRE M-500 COMING ON TUESDAY FOR IT.  NOW I NEED TO ORDER A GOOD TAC SLING FOR IT.  ANY GOOD IDEAS OR PICS THAT I CAN VIEW?  IF SOMEBODY COULD SEND ME TO A DECENT PLACE TO ORDER, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT ALSO.  THANKS GUYS.

I know yer excited but STOP YELLING!!!!!!

Ok now to the question, what type of sling, three point? single point, traditional?

I like 3 point slings. specter(formerly CQB Solutions) CST slings are nice. I just picked up one of thier SOP slings. the one thing I like about both of them is that they have a transition buckle on them, basicly you flip the buckle and it puts slack into the sling so that you can go from strong side to weak side. Very nice slings. Chek the EE, and check the industry section, a lot of the dealers on the site have slings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Specter SOP. Good sling for under $30.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, for yelling!

I'll calm down.  I'll clean my rilfe again....

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
optics forum?  ok....................
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a 3-point sling for Specter today.  Great prices.  $36 w/shipping.  Not a bad price. I use to have one of their slings from the CQB days, and it never failed me.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Only thing to be careful of with a three point sling and a Surefire M500 is that the front strap has a tendency to catch on the LED navigation lights (if you have it) and break it off.      You might consider going with a single point attachment sling, which is attached where the stock and lower receiver meet.    

Jeff at CQB solutions (now Spectre) pointed that out to me, and after putting it all together, I see what he meant.  I ended up getting all the equipment from gandrtactical and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a Troy single point..but no one has them in stock!

-Tyler
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like my CQB single point sling from grsc.com.  Ed Verdugo is very knowledgeable.

Pete.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I want a TROY single point sling, too.  Who has these in stock????
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone got an opinion on GILES TACTICAL SLINGS??? Is this a quality product???
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I really like my CQB single point sling from grsc.com.  Ed Verdugo is very knowledgeable.

Pete.

I have this sling.  I like the fact that it is 1.5" wide, so it is more comfortable than most.  However, a few bads:  

1.  The adjustment buckle is too loose.  As you usee the sling, toss the weapon around, etc.... it will loosen up on you.  I ended up safety pinning mine after I set it where I wanted it.  

2.  The brass snap hook marks up your lower.  Not a big deal... but might matter to some people.

I got the CQB solutions (Spectre) MOUT sling and like it better.  I only have a few gripes:

1.  The sling is 1.25" wide, so it is a little less comfortable.

2.  The mout erb buckle is long enough to make the rifle hang a little lower than others.

3.  The weapons mount attachment is thin nylon, and looks like it is gonna tear up on my GG&G side sling mount.... which has edges that arent really smooth.

I haven't found the perfect sling yet, but I'll keep looking!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Giles tactical slings from the Wilderness are very good quality. I've had a 3-point tactical on my Benelli M3 s90 for ~8 years, and a single point sling from Wilderness on my carbine for a couple months. High quality materials.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#14]
FALARAK cruise down to a local rock climbing store and get a 1.5" "tri-glide" and put it on the loop and thread the tag end of the strap though it, that will lock it down nicely.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]
The thing that I don't like about some of these slings is that they cover the bolt release making it hard to see and sometimes hit.

This is why I am thinking of going with a single point sling. I want it to be useful but I don't want it to get in the way of operating my rifle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The thing that I don't like about some of these slings is that they cover the bolt release making it hard to see and sometimes hit.

This is why I am thinking of going with a single point sling. I want it to be useful but I don't want it to get in the way of operating my rifle.

I am a lefty, which made a single point a no brainer.  I played with some three points... too complicated and got in the way of the ejection port at times.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top