Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 7:10:52 AM EDT
I have a gas block sight base, however  I think I prefer a fixed front sight base.  Has anybody used a YHM-9495  and if so, is it very sturdy?  Or, should I just replace the FSB?  I have read it is difficult at best to install a FS yourself, I assume this also applies if there has never been a FSB actually attached to the barrell.  The gas block is attached with allen head set screws.   Here is a link to a pic of my upper.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a gas block too.  I thought of the Yankee Hill, but it's a thumbscrew.  Ameetec has one, but I don't think it locks from what I can tell from the picture.   GGG and Bushmaster have one that uses hex screws and they both lock.  The Bushmaster is almost half the price of the GGG, but I haven't found any reviews about anyone using any of them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the ones you are talking about flip up or fixed? I cant seem to find solid ones at ameetec, ggg, or bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Oops, sorry.  Wasn't paying attention.  Armalite and Rock River Arms have fixed front sights.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top