Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 1:48:13 PM EDT
Is there any reason why an ACOG would not work on a .308 Bushy ??? My concern would be the recoil...I had the chance to look thru one today that was mounted on a tricked out JP Enterprises gun, and I was most impressed...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I strongly suggest the TA11 for use on a 308.  The additional inch of eye relief over the TA31/01 helped to not get smacked in the head.

It works great on my AR10.

-z
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the 3.5x. Having had a TA01B smack me good in the face a few times, I would advise against the 4x. This was kneeling too, I can't imagine it prone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
There are several ACOG calibrated for the .308; Trijicon saw you coming.

Here they are: TA11E, TA11C, TA01B, and the TA55A.  These scopes are 3.5x, 3.5x, 4x, and 5.5x, respectively.  Keep in mind the TAO1B does NOT have BAC capability.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, today was the first time I looked thru one, and well, I can't live without one now !!! I'm leaning towards a Bushy carbine as the new "goto" gun, perhaps building an M4gery of some sort is now in my future... Thanks again.....
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top