Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 7:33:27 AM EDT
I recently purchased the ARMS SIR system and I'm looking for a good forward grip.  I purchased a Tangodown prior to getting the sir.  The ARMS claims to have MIL-1913 rails and the Tangodown claims to fit Mil-1913 rails but they are not a good fit.  The Tangodown does not have a level surface above the mounting groove so the rail cannot be mounted properly.  

Has anyone had any postive experiences with other grips.  If so, drop a link where your favorite grip can be purchased.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the KAC myself.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
m900 for me!!  fits very well and is like killing two birds with one stone
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I am going to sell mine, its heavy and shaped wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am going to sell mine, its heavy and shaped wrong.

sorry to hear that. well what i can say is it works really well for me.

so this shows that different people have different needs.  if i had the money i would buy it from you since i like it very much

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
with slight modification to the td vert grip it will fit the arms sir rail.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
with slight modification to the td vert grip it will fit the arms sir rail.

Exactly. Just place coarse sandpaper flat on work bench. Invert grip, and start sanding away.

It doesn't take that long. There's alittle sanding to do on the inside track too but not too much. It helps when trial fitting to insert 4 little dowels into the take down latches to keep them out of the way while placing on rail.

Shouldn't have to do all that I agree but the TD grip is the most correct looking grip for the SIR in my opinion.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#9]
i bought the TD SIR rail and mine fits perfectly now.  i also had an aluminum fwd grip that was so tight it took the finish off the rail when i tried to install it.

it sucks having to spend more money but the tango down rail is worth it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally just decided to modify the grip myself.  I put it the vise and hit it with the bastard file.  It fits but it sucks I had to put the file to it.  Better than letting the $60 investment go to waste.

Thanks for all the replies.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top