Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 10:53:03 AM EDT
I am not a big fan of their optics, but I do have a few on .22s.  I think they make a decent scope for the money that they cost.  If you can't afford expensive(Zeiss, Leupold, ect.) I think they make a decent product.  I had one particular .22 scope that was outstanding.  It was a little "Custom .22" with a smaller than 1" tube.  It was in mm.  This little scope was very clear, and held its zero.  I loved it.  Alas, the vertical hair broke this summer.  I know I can't replace it with anything in its price class, so I thought I would send it back to Bushnell, and maybe see if they could replace the reticule.  This is a scope that I did not buy new, and knew it was fairly old.

They sent me a letter informing me that they could not replace the reticule, and that it was out of warranty, 10yrs.  That particular scope was made in 1978.  They said I could have them send it back, or pay them @$37.00 to upgrade to a "Banner" shotgun scope; what they considered a similar product.  I had 20 days to reply, or they would send it back.  

I decided to just let them send it back.  Yesterday, day of all days(my identity was stolen, and I am still pretty down) there is this package at my door?  I open it up to see a new Bushnell box.  I thought, "Dang, they kept my old box for my Redfield."  I opened it up and there is a NEW scope.  I'm not sure why, but they sent me the Banner anyway.  It looks like a very nice scope.  It will find it's home on one of my .22's.  Maybe my Rem Nylon 12.

I thought that was pretty decent of them.  They deserve a big Thank YOU! Of all days that package to come, it made me smile, even if only for a little while.
guns762
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
    Great story - Kudos to Bushnell...  Makes me wish Trijicon would just send me a free compact ACOG out of the blue  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had great service from Bushnell too. For the record, their high end Elite scopes are as good or better than the other brands.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've had great service from Bushnell too. For the record, their high end Elite scopes are as good or better than the other brands.

WORD! They renamed all their sporting optics "Bushnell" the elite series are the old Bausch and Lomb elite models. I have the 10x 3200 elite with mil dot. No complaints here.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top