Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:25:09 AM EDT
Sorry...NoooB here...

Can someone explain the difference between the ARMS #40, #40A, and #40L?  Anyone have mounted pics of the differences?  Thanks!

-Space
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
bump ^
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a website that will answer your questions:

www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=110&cat_id=4

Hope that helps......
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
#40 - original design, shaved small apeture to fit under an ACOG
#40A - standard A2 small apeture, easier to use by most accounts, but won't fit under an ACOG
#40L - much lower profile for fitting under low mounted scopes
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at the 40L..it will fit under an ACOG, right?

-Tyler
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was looking at the 40L..it will fit under an ACOG, right?

-Tyler

Definitely.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
They all have the potential to fit under an ACOG.  Depends on how you mount the ACOG.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#7]
So does the 40L use the A2 sights or the shaved down sights like the #40?  What would you recommend for cowitnessing with an Eotech if I might add NV capability in the future?  Thanks!-Space
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So does the 40L use the A2 sights or the shaved down sights like the #40?  What would you recommend for cowitnessing with an Eotech if I might add NV capability in the future?  Thanks!

-Space

The 40L has the full small apeture.

Either will co-witness with an Eotech.  IIRC, the #40L defaults to the small apeture, while the #40 / #40A default to the large apeture, which might be more appropriate for a CQB optic.

I'm not sure if either will fit on your upper reciever with both an Eotech and NVD - it probably depends on which NV mount you're using, and if you have extra real estate out front to move the Eotech onto (handguard rail system).
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!  thats exactly the info I was looking for as the website does not make that very clear!

-Space
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top