Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 11:50:40 PM EDT
If I recall correctly, there are just TWO options(?); one being the over-the-handguards 'gooseneck' type and second one just a simple rail on top of the (A2) handle.
I'm looking for what's most practical and effective w/o dropping a big wad as this is only a plinker gun.
Suggestions?
Cheap Source for mounts?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The #39 goose neck mount would be the most comfortable but not very economical for a plinker.  Why not take a look at this option:

ARMS #16A Aimpoint Comp Mt

I am sure someone sells them for slightly less.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]

I would suggest the gooseneck. It allows a familiar shooting position and cowitnessing with irons.

I've had an A.R.M.S. 16A and it worked great but I thought the AImpoint was too high...almost no cheekweld even though it will give you a nice clean sight picture.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]
if i get deployed i'm going to get a carrying handle mount...   i don't like having a rear sight with my aimpoint...

for my 0-100 on top of the carrying handle will be fine...

if i have to make a longer shot i'll use my irons...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top