Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2004 2:33:48 PM EDT
Ok I made a post earlier about my Laure Mount with the Aimpoint. I never applied the blue locktite that was included. Could this be the reason the scope isn't staying zero? Is it worth it to remove the scope and apply the locktite then resight the gun in, or should I just keep it on and sight it in again? thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Follow the instructions from Larue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]

WORD!

Degrease the four screws with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover along with the ring halves (I did).

Make sure you tighten the bottom screws FIRST and that the clamps are fully seated and bottomed out.  This will eliminate nearly all radial movement from front to back.  

The front/back radial movement WILL cause for a wandering vertical zero.  Tightening the bottom screws first will eliminate this.  Again, tighten the bottom screws FIRST, then alternately tighten thte top.

Use blue locktite for good measure on the screw threads.

-Jim
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

WORD!

Degrease the four screws with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover along with the ring halves (I did).

Make sure you tighten the bottom screws FIRST and that the clamps are fully seated and bottomed out.  This will eliminate nearly all radial movement from front to back.  

The front/back radial movement WILL cause for a wandering vertical zero.  Tightening the bottom screws first will eliminate this.  Again, tighten the bottom screws FIRST, then alternately tighten thte top.

Use blue locktite for good measure on the screw threads.
-Jim

Not just LaRue, if it has screws always degrease or remove all oil and use blue loktite.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top