Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:07:59 PM EDT
I haven't been able to find the answer to this after about 30 minutes of searching, so please let me slide if this has been covered before.

On the current 512/552 models (rev F?), does the reticle come on at the level that it was set at when it was turned off?  I handled an earlier model today, but I didn't like the way that it took several seconds to turn it on and jack it up to a brightness level that could be seen during the day.  This is not meant to be an Aimpoint v. EOTech thread (Lord knows there's enough of them out there) but as a point of reference, I can roll the selector on my M2 over in an instant.  I'm in the market for another optical sight and I'm considering the 512 model (or 552 if it offers something I want besides NV.)  The fact that you can get an EOTech for $100-$150 less than an Aimpoint with a mount attracts me, but I'm not against buying another Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
On the current 512/552 models (rev F?), does the reticle come on at the level that it was set at when it was turned off?  

My 512 Rev. F does not exhibit this feature (I wish it did).
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you check the product manual, it tells us that the sight turns on to the 12th setting.
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It takes me the same amount of time to adjust the intensity of the dot on my EOTech and Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It takes me the same amount of time to adjust the intensity of the dot on my EOTech and Aimpoint.

i don't believe that.  

I see what you are saying about the ability to turn the aimpoint's up instantly- the same reason whenever I have bought a receiver for a car i've gotten the ones with a knob instead of buttons for the volume.

If you use the UP arrow to turn on the Eotech, you will begin at 12/20 and it will auto shut-off 8 hrs. after the last button is touched.  hitting the DOWN arrow to turn it on will wake it up at 12/20 but will shut off after 4 hours of not being molested.  that's how it is on the Rev F's.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
but will shut off after 4 hours of not being molested.

You molest your EOTechs?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Or you can hold both buttons down and turn it off manually. Hence you can get your molestation jollies off a little bit more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, of course you  can go pushing both raised rubber buttons at the same time, but i thought we were talking about 'neat features' not known by non EOTech'ers??

Yes, I do molest my 511.  It's new and it doesn't seem to mind.  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top