Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2004 5:17:46 PM EDT
Ok! A little patience please. If I wanted to mount a scope directly to my flat top receiver what is
the best mounts and will I need to remove my front sight and install a gas block? Sorry if this question was addressed 1000's of times but hey I'm new.
Thanks for all replies
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
LaRue is the best mount out there, IMO.   I've had Armlite, Leupold Mark IV's, ARMS, and others.

LaRue is simply the best.

If your scope is about 5x or more, you won't even see the front sight.  It's a focal length thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it has been covered 1000's of times, so that is what the search button is for you idiot.
Just kidding. Welcome to AR15.com.
fight4yourrights covered everything well. Go with the LaRue and as strange as it may seem, you will never even see the front sight with a higher power scopes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help!! This is a GREAT forum
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top