Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 12:27:30 PM EDT
Need a BUIS. Rifle is a 16" upper, flattop. Optics for it are at the very bottom of the list, after car upgrades and glock hi caps, so it will be iron sighted for a while.

I am actually having a fixed vs. folding BUIS quandry. I have owned: DPMS fixed; KAC 300M; a few ARMS #40s.  

Now i want to try out the Troy, but only if these lock in the upright position. If it locks, then it is more like a fixed BUIS, and might be better for my needs. I know GGG locks, i guess that's an option too.

Opinions? suggestions? and NO, i don't want to buy BOTH!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Troy front sight, from pictures I've seen it looks like the rear sight has the same mechanism, in which case it does lock in the upright position.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy's Battlesights, front and rear both lock into the upright position.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The Troy front & rear both lock in the "up" position; they do not lock in the down position, but have some detent pressure holding them down.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy is large aperature only.  Seems larger than a normal big aperature to me too if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
i have one but don't like it cause i have to screw my front site post too far out of the assy to zero in, and the post wiggles like crazy.  am i the only one with this problem? (with my carry handle my front site post can be put where it needs to be...)  i DO like the way it's made though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Troy is large aperature only.  Seems larger than a normal big aperature to me too if I remember correctly.

Troy's new BUIS has both aperatures....

C4

Got a link to this I have never seen it... I thought it was vaporware.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i have one but don't like it cause i have to screw my front site post too far out of the assy to zero in, and the post wiggles like crazy.  am i the only one with this problem? (with my carry handle my front site post can be put where it needs to be...)  i DO like the way it's made though.

do you have a tall front sight post in it?  You might try that, if you don't.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy's new BUIS has both aperatures....

C4

Got a link to this I have never seen it... I thought it was vaporware.

Well you are actually correct. It is vaporware until I actually hold one, but I have a ton of them on back order and TROY is telling me that they are almost complete....

C4

Where can a guy look at the Troy products?

Bob
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What brand is your rifle/front sight/carry handle?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top