Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:36:24 AM EDT
I wanted to get an ACOG TA01 but they are hard to find so I was thinking of getting the Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 3-9x36 M3 with an illuminated mil-dot reticle. What's you alls opinion?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with a IOR 2.5-10x42.  I know I know your thinking..... IOR what is this communist trying to pull.  I searched for 6 months for a good battle scope, and this baby takes the cake.

The IOR wins becuase it has 1/2 min clicks which is right in the sweet spot between 1/4 and 1 min and in less than a turn you are out to 600m.  The price is aprox $700.00 which is cheeper than both, and is build like a tank.  I just got mine and took it to the range and have been nothning but impressed with it.

I would say more about its greatness but my girlfriend is pulling me out the door.  If you want more info send me a IM.

Matt Carper
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
IOR is by far the best way to go, as far as its quality its leaves leupold in the dust. If you like the variable power the 2.5-10x42 is the way to go, however their NEW piece the IOR 3x25 QR-TS (Quick Response Tactical Sight) which is their answer to the ACOG. An illuminated CQB reticle and precise CLEAR optics make this piece a PREMIER TACTICAL SIGHT!

IOR 2.5-10x42 Illuminated, FREE MP8 POCKET CHART
http://valdada.com/vn/ior/03/2510x42i.jpghttp://store1.yimg.com/I/usaoptics-store_1813_16055380

3x25 QR-TS
http://store1.yimg.com/I/usaoptics-store_1813_26819442

We, USAOPTICS,  are the Master Distributor for the East coast and have both pieces. You can view them on our website WWW.USAOPTICS.NET The 2.5-10x42 will go for $700 illuminated and a little less for the non illuminated mondel with a free MP8 Pocket chart. The 3x24 will go for $570 with free shipping. Either way its BETTER optics for LESS money.
You can call toll-free if you have any questions we are new to AR15.com so its best to call or email at [email protected]...

[b]Richard Augat, USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
TOLL-FREE: 1-877-808-8886
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
US Optics... Have you considered being a sponsor or industry partner on the board. If your going to be advertising IOR products like this  you may want to consider it. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The IOR wins becuase it has 1/2 min clicks which is right in the sweet spot between 1/4 and 1 min and in less than a turn you are out to 600m.

Huh?  The IOR wins because it has 1/2 min clicks?  So does the MR/T M3 so where's the advantage?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The IOR wins becuase it has 1/2 min clicks which is right in the sweet spot between 1/4 and 1 min and in less than a turn you are out to 600m.

Huh?  The IOR wins because it has 1/2 min clicks?  So does the MR/T M3 so where's the advantage?

It is to my understanding that the M3 knobs are 1 min clicks for elevation and 1/2 min for windage, the IOR is 1/2 min for both elevation and windage...could some one back me up on this?

I think that 1 minute for elevation is personaly to coarse, but to each there own.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is to my understanding that the M3 knobs are 1 min clicks for elevation and 1/2 min for windage, the IOR is 1/2 min for both elevation and windage...could some one back me up on this?

I think that 1 minute for elevation is personaly to coarse, but to each there own.

I just looked it up in the 2004 Leupold catalog and you are correct sir, my bad  I'll shut up now
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Leupold's website says that the MR/T is calibrated for 55gr.
Right now I am leaning toward the Leupold. Does anyone know which ARMS quik release rings I would use for this scope?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Mike does the IOR glass have a greenish tint to it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Right now I am leaning toward the Leupold. Does anyone know which ARMS quik release rings I would use for this scope?

ARMS#22.  You can get them in different heights, depending on your configuration and application.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Mike does the IOR glass have a greenish tint to it?

No it does not...I hear people talk trash about IOR glass being "like pond water" but on mine it is crystel clear...I think better than a leupold.  I think people are just in a RED SCARE over IOR.

Quoted:

I would not go with a scope that is cammed for a spesific bullet gr. and velocity...this can limit you on what ammo you shoot.  IMHO.

As for rings why go with QD for a Scope...I mean lots of people do...but why not just mount it rock solid with some badger, GG&G or IOR rings.

Matt Carper

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

LaRue?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#13]
The Leupold in the LaRue SPR mount would be the ticket.

Leave the Romanian optics on your Romanian SAR-! AK.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The Leupold in the LaRue SPR mount would be the ticket.

Leave the Romanian optics on your Romanian SAR-! AK.

Now thats to far...

Hey if you want a modified hunting scope go with the leupold...if you want a tactical scope that is build like a tactical scope go with a IOR.

Matt Carper
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top