Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:26:29 PM EDT
I have on order the rifle below in the no ban configuration. I was going to mount a Aimpoint with Arms 22M68. But I have changed my mind. I would like to get a compact ACOG for it now. I want it to be the amber triangle reticle. I am thinking maybe the TA50-2 model. Then I need to mount it. Looking at my Trijicon booklet, I see a TA51 picatinny rail mount or maybe the TA60 high picatinny rail mount. Any opinons on what I want to do and do you think the mount will fit on the top rail  even know the rear sight is there? I would also like it to be above the rear sight, beacuse I do not really want to cowitness anyway. Without dimsions of the mount or the rail in front of the rear sight I can only guess. I do not want a flatop so I need to figure out how to mount this. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,

Stay away from that set-up. Go with a regular flattop and use a Larue Compact ACOG mount. I just did the same thing that you are looking at doing. I went with the TA45 1.5x24 with amber triangle and the Larue mount. My EOTECH 551 is now in my safe. I got a wonderful deal on the ACOG from Kevin here on the forum. The Larue mount can be purchased from Grant at G&R Tactical, a dealer also here on the forum. It is a great set-up. That carry handle type mount from RRA will leave you with very limited optic mounting options.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
And let me know where you find a TA 50-2 model in stock so I can order one too...  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, after many questions with this set up. I keep getting the same answer about getting the flat top. I guess that is the way I will go.  uscncorpsman and Grant you have mail.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hi,

Stay away from that set-up. Go with a regular flattop and use a Larue Compact ACOG mount. I just did the same thing that you are looking at doing. I went with the TA45 1.5x24 with amber triangle and the Larue mount. My EOTECH 551 is now in my safe. I got a wonderful deal on the ACOG from Kevin here on the forum. The Larue mount can be purchased from Grant at G&R Tactical, a dealer also here on the forum. It is a great set-up. That carry handle type mount from RRA will leave you with very limited optic mounting options.

USNCORPSMAN

Somebody got a pic of this setup so I can see how it looks?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Still looking for a pick of this setup, or something like it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics sent to your email.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have on order the rifle below in the no ban configuration. I was going to mount a Aimpoint with Arms 22M68. But I have changed my mind. I would like to get a compact ACOG for it now. I want it to be the amber triangle reticle. I am thinking maybe the TA50-2 model. Then I need to mount it. Looking at my Trijicon booklet, I see a TA51 picatinny rail mount or maybe the TA60 high picatinny rail mount. Any opinons on what I want to do and do you think the mount will fit on the top rail  even know the rear sight is there? I would also like it to be above the rear sight, beacuse I do not really want to cowitness anyway. Without dimsions of the mount or the rail in front of the rear sight I can only guess. I do not want a flatop so I need to figure out how to mount this. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Edited.. sorry spoke too quick. looks like everyone else already got you to change your mind.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top