Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 8:45:16 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide which to get.  I know the PRI is popular and mechanically, there don't sem to be any defects, but I kind of like the look of the GG&G better.  Does anyone have the GG&G?  What do you like/dislike?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
GG&G requires installation with taper pins, which is no easy task.  PRI has three different styles.  The setscrew and one of the clamp on styles install with little or no mods to the barrel.  The third is a clamp on, but the crossbolts pass through the barrel area, so some barrel mod is required to install.  The fact that some PRIs install without mods is why you see more of them than the GG&G, plus the GG&G had a bayo lug which, for some stupid reason, was a no-no up until recently.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Well they want the barrel sent to them for intallation, so I said hell with that!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
bigbore (ADCO) has them on some of the rifles he built, and I'm assuming that he put them on.  Maybe I'm wrong.  While it is not a project for your average Dremel 'smith, someone with access to a good drill press or mill, like me, should be able to do this without much problem.  I just need to find an alternate source who would be willing to sell me one.  I'd like to try an install.

Maybe it's time to call bigbore...........

Looked on the website - back order - DAMN!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one on the 14.5" M4 upper that Steve(adco) built for me. I added Trijicn nite sights front and rear and like it very much. I have an Aimpoint Ml2 and while a normal FSB may not be an issue, it certainly isn't with it folded out the way. Pricey.

Edited to add I have MUCH MUCH more faith in pins than set screws, trouble be damned.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the PRI on this M4gery and I'm going to put a cone tipped setscrew through the rear stap and into the barrel of each side of the sight to ensure it never moves from zero.  The setscrews, along with the tension of the straps, should make this sight rock solid.  A little extra work, but the peace of mind will be worth it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a weaver type gas block.  What type flip-up would be good for that?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Is the PRI version that uses cross bolts through the barrel still available.  I have one but would like another.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The GG&G uses no hood. Ears, like A-1/A-2.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top