Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 9:19:16 AM EDT
Does anyone have a picture of an Aimpoint with the ARMS #22M68, without the spacer, mounted on a flat-top AR with folding sights?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
hum... why may i ask?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to know what it will look like and if its workable, or too low. I'm getting an Aimpoint for my rifle, and since I don't need to clear the front sight post I want to see if the spacer is necessary.

My rifle, for reference:
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
One with fixed FSB:

One with flip front sight:

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Excellent. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude, notice the rifle in that pic has a riser rail on the flat top.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dude, notice the rifle in that pic has a riser rail on the flat top.

You're right, that's about equal to a 1/2 spacer.  At least the second set of pics got him what he wanted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
damn Mongo i have noticed you have very nice toys!

jealousy with be the end of me and the wallet
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, its not workable, its too low. You cant squash your head down far enough on the stock.

So we have one vote for two low, but somebody has it mounted on their rifle that way.

Any other opinions?

There is a 1/2 spacer for the ARMS mount in addition to the full spacer and cantilever, correct?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have tried it just now on my SPR. Alas I don't have my camera here to shoot a pic of it. It is barely doable but it isn't comfortable at all. I would go with the full spacer or cantilever spacer for the following reasons.

1. You will be able to check your Zero with your irons by cowitnessing the dot while looking through your aimpoint.

2. The full space / cantalever puts the aimpoint at what "feels" to me to be the correct level when I have the weapon in my shoulder.

I have a quick request. Could you snap som more pics of your rifle? The troy 10 inch tube with a 16 inch barrel is my current want for a project upper. Also what gass block are you using?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
damn Mongo i have noticed you have very nice toys!

jealousy with be the end of me and the wallet

Have and had.  Both of those rifles/uppers have since been sold or traded, although the M4 is coming back.  I traded it to my bro-in-law and he shot it for a while and asked if I would build him an noban A2 with the DCM FF tube and an HBAR barrel.  So I'll get that one back in a little while, LIKE I REALLY NEED IT!!  I just build and sighted in my replacement M4gery, but my new one has a 1/7 Colt barrel vs. the 1/9 Bushmaster barrel in the one picuted above.  Maybe you'll see it (the upper) on the EE soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, its not workable, its too low. You cant squash your head down far enough on the stock.

So we have one vote for two low, but somebody has it mounted on their rifle that way.

Any other opinions?

There is a 1/2 spacer for the ARMS mount in addition to the full spacer and cantilever, correct?

Mongo, who has his mounted without a spacer, does not have it mounted direct to the flat top. Notice that someone pointed that out earlier  He has it mounted to a POF Preditor rail system which raises the rail higher than any other rail system I know of so... he would not need a spacer. The extra rail height acts like a spacer to raise the Aimpoint high enough to be usable.

I'm not retarded. There's more than one rifle in those pictures posted up there, this, the second rifle, is the one vote for yes I was referring to:
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I have mine mounted with the M68 mount direct to the Troy MRF M4 handguard with no spacer, and find no problems whatsoever with it.  The front sight post ghosts out when I use the Aimpoint, and I don't have to crush my head down to locate the dot, it comes up pretty naturally.  Sorry, can't post pics yet, but I'll work on it.  Am I at a disadvantage for some reason unknown to me, or is something inherently wrong with this that I don't know about, because thus far I've found no problems with the set up.  Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top