Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 8:49:28 AM EDT
Hey all,

Putting together a new RRA flattop shorty AR, without their "tactical carry handle" as per advice given here previously. I'm going to go with an ARMS #40 flip-up BUIS, but I'm curious if I'll need to replace the stock front sight post with one that is .04" higher, or is that not a problem on the RRA guns?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly you won't know till you put your gun together.  I've got 2 bushies with ARMS#40s and neither of them required the taller front sight posts.  Yet plenty of people here with Bushies required the taller FSB.

Since RRA doesn't make a 'F' front sight base, my guess is you could potential face the same issue.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
you'll be fine w/ the standard FSP
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
some need it some dont i have the arms buis on three of my rifles and only one needed it. actually it worked without the taller front site post but kinda protruded lil too much for comfort so i changed it .

but yeah put it together first and try and site it in if it extends too much replace it
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top