Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 5:17:40 AM EDT
Saw this on amerisurp.net just now.

"The Sightunit, Infantry, Trilux L2A2
     A detachable optical sight with a magnification of four.  Mfg. in England for Israeli IDF, this unit comes with an internal inverted aiming pointer for automatic fire.  Also comes with AR15/M16 mount, bullet drop compensated for .223/5/56 for 250 - 450m!  Prismatic optical system provides 86% light transmission.  No tritium."

Not a bad price at $189.00 plus $25.00 for AR-15 mount. Is this thing ok, or just another POS?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#1]
They are available stateside for a bit less. The SUIT (I used them decades ago) is a simple optic more along the line of a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) optic. Has an inverted pointer (that is actually quite nifty in practice). It is NOT a precision or even CQB device, but will allow relatively easy body hits on e-type silhouettes out to around 700m. Yes, 700m (in .7,62x51). They are essentially half of a standard binocular syste. Used a Tritium pill to illuminate th epointer, and I still love mine.

The gang over at the FAL FIles have lots of info on these. See the R&D Forum, and 'search' for SUIT there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top