Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:56:21 AM EDT
Is the illuminated reticle worth the $50.00 difference in price?  Let's here it from you guys who own them.  This scope is going on top of my <gasp> M1A  Mostly range work during normal lighting conditions. Does the illumination aid in aiming and accuracy during the daylight hours.  Or is this feature only valuable in low light conditions.

Thanks in advance,

Gary
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, if you're spending that much money on the glass, what's $50 more bucks? If you want it, get it. Personally, I would not, do not, care to rely too much on accessories that run on batteries. But there are certainly times when the illum. would be helpful. A friend of mine has a giant Nightforce on his Chandler/Remington. It looks great. My Leupold M1 3.5-10X40 is not illuminated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone else with a thought?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
tagged because I have to make the same decision
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply.  Based on the lack of other responses I suspect all the illuninated reticle owners are sleeping due to all those late night shoots the've been participating in this summer.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.  Based on the lack of other responses I suspect all the illuninated reticle owners are sleeping due to all those late night shoots the've been participating in this summer.

Regards,
Gary

I have one of the Illuminated Duplex Leupolds.  I don't do any lowlight shooting with the rifle that it's on, but there was a great deal on it so I got it anyway.  

I'm not sure how the Mildot is set up, but the duplex has a real fine crosshair that is separated from the larger lines and is visible during the day (see pic below).  It's the only part that actually lights up when you turn the knob.  With the fine crosshair, it's actually a pretty decent target scope.

A big drawback for the Ill scopes is (I think) that Premier Reticles won't change the reticle if you ever decide to upgrade.

Here's a bad picture of my unlit reticle and a cow's ass.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I own 2 both illuminated - one on Mod7 .308 and other on AR10, worth every penny in a twi-light situation.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top