Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 1:12:26 PM EDT
I just found this place lots of great info.  I have a few AR's flattops with leupolds on them.  I am mostly a bolt action man.   Anyway I just ordered a Rock River tactical entry and have some questions on optic mounting. I want this one set-up as a short and fast gun. It comes with a  tactical carry handle. (just looks like a fancy rail ?) I can't seem to find any mounts for it. I want to set it up co-witness.  I will probably use a aimpoint or a eotech. I am not sure of the best way to do this.   I don't have much experience with this type of setup or optics.  I don't have my mind made up on any optic so lets here your thoughts.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want to co-witness, you will have to ditch the "Tactical" carry handle. Mount your optics directly to the flat top. Here is my Entry Tactical with an EOTech and ARMS 40a
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
if you don't want the tactical carry handle don't just ditch it.  I traded mine on the equipment exchange for a carry handle.  

you can get pretty creative on that forum.

brian
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I still don't have much info on what to do. I think I am going to use a aimpoint.  I just ordered the RRA tactical  a few days ago. For mounting reasons would I be better off picking another AR.  My other ones have 4.5 x 14 leupolds on them. I want this gun for a semi close range coyote gun. Do the aimpoints need to be mounted way forward to take full advantage of them?  R the mounts that come with the aimpoints any good?  I have noticed a few rifles in the gallery with the tactical handels still on and a aimpoint attached. In the pics it looks like everything will line up for
co-witness.   Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't want to get a railed float tube, the Aimpoint ML2 or M2, 22M68 with a cantilever spacer should work well with the A2 stock. If you have the same model as the one pictured above.
with the ARMs 40, either model, will setup fine and co-witness perfectly.

mark
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top