Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 4:48:10 PM EDT
I will be receiving the 551.A65 from texas tactical in exchange for my EA lower.  I see that Texas Tactical Gear also stocks the Tac-1.  

Should I maybe cancel the order and ask them to substitute 3 Tac-1s for the Eotech?  I have plenty of room to mount all three in a row and my thinking is like this:  

1. since the tacpoint is going to fail, i'll have two backups.  
2.  before they start failing, i can take an average of the three dots (i'm sure they won't all stay on the same zero during recoil) and get one very precise point of aim.  
3.  I can sell 4 of the scope covers.  If i butt them up against one another end to end, i won't need all of those covers.  Extra cash for Wolf ammo is always a good idea.

Does this sound like a good idea? Do you agree on all points?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
couldn't resist...my very first:

IBTL

woo-hoo
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay JosephR,
Before you go knocking the Tac better look at the info I got on it...
Last post on the thread...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=201291&page=2
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Okay JosephR,
Before you go knocking the Tac better look at the info I got on it...
Last post on the thread...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=201291&page=2

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?  YOU LINKED TO A THREAD WHERE YOU POST A PICTURE OF A CAR RIFLE THAT IS YELLOW AND BLACK.  I DON'T GET IT.

OH, BY THE WAY, I DON'T HAVE A TACPOINT TO "KNOCK" ON.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Relax Joe...
It's a joke...
Was referencing the laser/dot Tacpoint in my story...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#8]
can i buy one round of the extreme shock ammo from you?  if those suckers really are 86mm, i could use a few and it's no wonder they will last you forever.  you can take out an entire battallion with one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#9]
It's been 3 hours, 26 minutes and 13 seconds, and my EOTAC-1 is still running.

I will update you again in 12 minutes and 3 seconds...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't matter to me what you say.  NAH NAH NAH NAH

I'm getting the Japanese Version.  You ain't got shit on me with that chinese version you gots.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]
you guys suck
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Please don't be mad at me AZ.  I'm just trying to have some fun WITHOUT entering a TP discussion and pulling my pants down...

You should be pointing your finger at Grant
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Should I maybe cancel the order and ask them to substitute 3 Tac-1s for the Eotech?  I have plenty of room to mount all three in a row and my thinking is like this:  

1. since the tacpoint is going to fail, i'll have two backups.  
2.  before they start failing, i can take an average of the three dots (i'm sure they won't all stay on the same zero during recoil) and get one very precise point of aim.  
3.  I can sell 4 of the scope covers.  If i butt them up against one another end to end, i won't need all of those covers.  Extra cash for Wolf ammo is always a good idea.

Does this sound like a good idea? Do you agree on all points?  

JosephR,
In theory, it is a good idea. But, it won't work. The tacpoint is too long to mount three in a row and have room for BUIS (which you will need when they start falling off.) Also, the Tacpoint has an invisable laser that slowly burns out your cornea and retna. If you looked through three at the same time, you would go blind in minutes and not days. And the scope covers don't fit anything but tacpoints, so there is no money to be made there.
Bottom line is this. Keep the EOTech. Because, after all, the EOTech is WAY better than an Aimpoint, and a Tacpoint is just copy of that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone seen an actual picture of Joseph...?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Has anyone seen an actual picture of Joseph...?

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
c'mon man....heeths thexsy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#18]
AZ- Please don't show any of those pictures that you and I took on our 'vacation' where we are posing with our rifles and  GUNS
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The window lickers are going to get mad at you!!!!

C4

See the following link for some hilarious definitions of "window licker".

Window Licker Definitions

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top