Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2004 12:10:46 AM EDT
Arms 40 flip up co witness with regular front sight post on carbine when using  EOTECH?
How about if the EOTECH is mounted on a Larue base? Can I get  a co witness with a Larue mount?

Also Im interested in rear removable sight with this unit. LMT or DPMS.. I dotn ususally like DPMS products but that rear BUIS looks nice.. anyone know abou tthis.. Will it work with Larue EOTECH mount? If it doesnt can you get a good sight picture with EOTECH mounted on front rail?

Lots of questions.. I know
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I know that the EOTech is too low without a riser. I havent used one with the LaRue riser yet. it will cowitness when mounted directly. Too well, in fact, the sights are too tall for that. Its not impossible, but it is annoying.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I reccomend Aimpoint over EOTech. If you really want an EOTech, I have a buddy who will sell you one in just about perfect shape. He reccomends Aimpoint over EOTech too
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Eotech is really for CQB.  I personally like the Eotech better, but this is a colt/bushmaster arguement.  Everyone has an opinion, and they are all right.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#5]
My bushy carbine co wittiness just fine (lower third) ARM#40 Larue mount.  Only bitch I have is I didn't get the free bottle opener with mount and Mount don't scuff rail but throw lever scuffed my Eotech but small price to pay for easy rifle cleaning. And for the Eotech Its great maybe when I get old and start to lose my vision I'll buy an aimpoint. http://home.comcast.net/~sgtfongul1/100_0742.JPG
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Im  BIG Aimpoint fan. Im surprised i am even contemplating an Eotech.. I am just thinking out loud.. lol

So sgt  Fongul .. You achieve a good co witness with that set up? Your Larue mount scuff your upper or your Eotech?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Grant,

i got a  call and spoke to the "R" side of G and R and she is going to call me when you get the Larue 7.0 in.  I might be interested in that Eotech mount. what do they sell for? Also i think I want the knight rails over the TD.. What do you think abotu quality etc?? Got the Knight half rails in stock too? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

EOTech's do shine in the CQB arena, but think they are actually better for long range shooting than the Aimpoint due to their 1 MOA center dot....

C4

I noticed that too.
My EOtech co-witnesses perfectly and the sight tower isn't noticible because I concentrate on the dot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I want to say  good things about Grant,

I wanted a product that he carries but was currently out of stock on. I was needing it by this friday. Gand R tactical returned my call and suggested another place to purchase the product so I would get it more quickly by next weekend. I thought that was great and admirable. He will get more business in the future form me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
First, thanks Grant I am very happy with my purchase from you.
Next Storm tracker when deciding my purchase none of local dealers carried Eotechs only Aimpoint but I did not like the blind spots. I was building a 100 yard weapon sure it can shoot further out but 14.5 barrel has it limitations. The following picture is what sold me. I don't know who posted it original but thanks.This pic is with larue
http://home.comcast.net/~sgtfongul1/sold_me_2.JPG

Next aimpoint
http://home.comcast.net/~sgtfongul1/aimpiont_co_wittness.bmp

the scatch  was minute and after remounting it does not do it anymore.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe I am just weird, but my Eotech has a perfect CW without a mount. I have it mounted on an M73 forend. The 1MOA dot sits right on top of the site post. I find this setup quick, and effective. I ignore all of the BUIS, and just focus on target, covered by the dot. I dont want to change my cheekweld to use iron sights or my eotech.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, I see what you mean. I guess it works for me. I am not a weekend rambo, so I am not really concernd about super fast target aq. My compact ACOG on my 20" gets me higher up on the stock. Maybe Im just not picky.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey Grant,

i got a  call and spoke to the "R" side of G and R and she is going to call me when you get the Larue 7.0 in.  I might be interested in that Eotech mount. what do they sell for? Also i think I want the knight rails over the TD.. What do you think abotu quality etc?? Got the Knight half rails in stock too? Thanks

Oh I get the company name now. Duh. Anyway just wanted to give some more great feedback on Grant, He is the best.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top