Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2004 3:47:39 AM EDT
Does anyone know what brand and model of scope that was on Jerry's AR on Shooting USA the other night?  He was doing timed hits on targets at 100,200,300,400 meters in under 1.5 seconds.   I was just curious what optics he had on that DPMS ar.

dave.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what it is, but here's some screenies:

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a US Optics SN-4
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
US Optics SN-4.
Makes my wallet hurt.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
US Optics SN-4.
Makes my wallet hurt.

I agree, my checking account would go blind looking at one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
HOLY CRAP!

the price on that baby is ~$1400.  Must be nice to have sponsors and be given great tools.

dave.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#6]

WARRANTY: Limited Lifetime-80 years, No Charge, No Hassle Service

That my friends is one hell of a warranty
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember these guys get paid to use brand X products on top of them being free,,,  jerry could have scored the same using a POS BSA scope!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I caught this too the other night on OLN. That guy can shoot!!! WOW!

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Jerry does indeed shoot an SN4 with a circle dot reticle.  He has been using that scope for the past couple of years.   And boy can he shoot!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't get me wrong, I've heard that a USO scope replaced the Unertl on the M-40 USMC sniper rifle, that would indicate to me that they are the best scopes in the world. Quality costs $$$.
Jerry has also won enough prize money that he can afford one. I don't think USO needs or wants the publicity.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#11]
How can he shoot so well?!?!?  He don't have a rail system, collapsable stock, bayonet lug, flash hider - none of the instant accuracy add ons that all of us want?!?!?

It must be the scope.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How can he shoot so well?!?!?  He don't have a rail system, collapsable stock, bayonet lug, flash hider - none of the instant accuracy add ons that all of us want?!?!?

It must be the scope.

he's got his share of crap on that DPMS rifle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to have an SN4, mounted directly to the upper receiver it's not comfortable, cheekweld sucks.  I used an ARMS #36 to raise it to an acceptable height.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I know, and competed with Jerry.  

I will never forget the time I first met Jerry.  We were competing in a sniper match, and were sitting down to have breakfast on the first day.  I sat down with a dear friend, Jim Clark Jr, and he introduced me to his brother-in-law, Jerry.  Jim was telling me how fast Jerry can shoot a revolver, and I was crying bullshit.  I was saying no-way-no-how, and Jerry was just sitting there smiling.  After the match, Jerry gave me a personal demonstration.  My jaw exited the building.  Whenever I run into him at other matches he still gives me shit about the first time we met.  To give you guys a true testament on how talented Jerry is....in his first sniper match, the one where we met, David Tubb decided to try his hand in a sniper comp, and got beat by Jerry.  He is truly an amazing shooter, and a great guy to boot.  I am honored to call him a friend.  

He also uses an SN 3 on his DPMS .308 in some of the sniper matches he shot in.  

The SN 4 is also getting a face lift.  They will be making them a little more streamline.  I believe there might be a group purchase here on AR15.com, by one of our industry sponsors in the very near future.  The SN 4 is the cats ass for certain applications.  I love mine, and love the other USO products I use, and compete with.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top