Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 8:35:11 PM EDT
I am looking for a good Gp optic that I can use with my LMT BUIS on my carbine,  max range I shoot is about 250 yrds. Any suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I WOULD ONLY CONSIDER TWO CHOICES:

AIMPOINT

EOTECH ON LARUE TACTICAL MOUNT

THE EOTECH IS TOO LOW WITHOUT THIS MOUNT.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Thanks.  Those two are what I have been looking at.   I had a feeling the eotech was too low, but I  wasn't sure there was enough room for the Larue mount in front of the LMT.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I WOULD ONLY CONSIDER TWO CHOICES:

AIMPOINT

EOTECH ON LARUE TACTICAL MOUNT

THE EOTECH IS TOO LOW WITHOUT THIS MOUNT.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

Thanks.  Those two are what I have been looking at.   I had a feeling the eotech was too low, but I  wasn't sure there was enough room for the Larue mount in front of the LMT.

The EOTech works just fine mounted directly on the receiver and a lot of people including myself do not find it too low.  If you use it properly with both eyes open and focusing on the target you will never notice the FSB.

You won't know until you've tried it.  If by chance you find it's too low for you then you can add the LaRue mount but I wouldn't get the LaRue mount until you've tried using the EOTech without it first...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Dumb questions.  Could YHM mini risers be used? How about a scout look  by mounting on my YHM FF forend?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
If CAAAwarfighter went with the ML2 what type of mount would be needed to avoid interference with the FSB?  Also, are the iron sights usable with these optics mounted?  I'm in the exact same boat with CAAAwarfighter.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody know where the LMT BUIS would appear in an eotechs window. 1/2 1/3 ? Also anybody have the LaRue aimpoint mount in stock and is it a more matte black finish now? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Now I am probably in the minority here, but I like the EOtech 551 without an extra mount. I use a KAC 300M BUIS that is usually out of the way, but I also like the fact of a true co-witness - i.e., the irons and dot line up perfectly. Some say it isn't as fast getting a cheek weld than if the sight was a smidge higher, but hey - I'm not that good to notice the diff. With the LMT BUIS, I find it a little to busy, and would probably agree with others where you would want the dot riding above the irons.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I am assuming  that the  highly fashionable flat black LaRue accessories will go well with the pearls I will probably have to get my wife if I buy  much more gun gear.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now I am probably in the minority here, but I like the EOtech 551 without an extra mount. I use a KAC 300M BUIS that is usually out of the way, but I also like the fact of a true co-witness - i.e., the irons and dot line up perfectly. Some say it isn't as fast getting a cheek weld than if the sight was a smidge higher, but hey - I'm not that good to notice the diff. With the LMT BUIS, I find it a little to busy, and would probably agree with others where you would want the dot riding above the irons.

I guess I don't see the point of having a parallax free, HUD sight like an EoTech if you have to look thru the peep sight anyway?

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top