Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 3:54:38 PM EDT
Guys i just got my tapoint yesterday and was so excited to put it on.  i turned it on and the red dot is messed up i think.  I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

The dot comes in and out and is very intermitant on the lower settings and not as bad on the brighter ones.  you have to wiggle the on/setting switch to get the dot to appear.  Has anyone else seen this and what should i do.

I bought is from ameetec arms so i hope they will help me out.

Thanks Brian hardee
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd return it..the dot on mine is perfect.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd return it..the dot on mine is perfect.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
id return it and get an aimpoint
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey i think i figured out what the problem was.  I was not looking square down the sight,  the dot has been there this whole time.  im a moron i guess.    I started holding it closer to my eyes and changing the dot setting and its working fine.   i beat it around and the dot didn't quit so we will see.

going on a SW5 so we will see
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top