Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 11:10:24 AM EDT
Are there currently any available on the commercial market?  Has the new version been released, or at least photos of it?  Will the original version be available again in the future (as a single purchase)?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The new model has not bee released yet....

C4

But once they have my projects will be complete!!  Got a package from you this morning Grant, thanks....projects almost done, now if Troy would just push on the gas a little

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I expect that a large number of the original large-aperture versions will show up on the used market shortly after the new one is made available.   I've got two to replace or upgrade...

-z
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like the old one...

Ditto.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like the old one...

Running it on your A4?  Don't believe I've seen that pic
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a feeling that I'll prefer the old style as well.  Gives a little more peace of mind that the windage setting hasn't been tweaked.  Also, on a backup sight I really don't need dual apertures.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a feeling that I'll prefer the old style as well.  Gives a little more peace of mind that the windage setting hasn't been tweaked.  Also, on a backup sight I really don't need dual apertures.

SKDTactical is having a special version of the new dual-aperture model made with the old locking A1-style windage knob.  FBS-RA1.  They report the new sights will be available in about two weeks.

This sounds like just the thing.   I like having BUIS because I leave them on all the time and use them to shoot irons if I want to.. not necessarily because my optic died.   In this context, having a small aperture is nice.  

Also, I can't hit shit with the rear Troy BUIS.  At 100 yards, I can probably keep them on a full size silhouette.  This is disappointing when I can ding 10" plates at 300 yards with good irons.

-z
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top