Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 7:47:03 AM EDT
Maybe someone can answer this question for me. I have just purchased an Aimpoint ML2 from a board member. It is bran new and advertised as only 3 weeks old. You can tell from looking at it that it has never been used at all. When I turned it on the first four settings are impossible to see, I even took it into total darkness and still no dot. The last five positions are fine... my question is should I be able to see the first four and if not then is this NVG compatable (even though it is advertised as not)? I will take it into work Monday and try it out with our NOD's but I was just wanting some quick info if I can get it, thanks...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Got a good battery in it?  The LED dims as the battery dies.

I recall the L models have an L scratched on them somewhere.  This has always made me suspect they're units which failed milspec earlier in the manufacturing process and became L models at the end.  The L models are much more prone to distorted dots in my experience.

Let us know what happens!

-- Chuck

It is bran new in the box with a bran new battery. NOTHING is scratched into the scope, it is marked CompML2. I woiuld seriously doubt that they would market their junk under a different model name. Also as stated the higher positions are just fine, I would think that the brighter dot would go dim first wouldnt you? Anyway isnt the battery on the new aimpoints supposed to last 10,000 hours?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't see the first 3 or 4 positions on mine either. Only time I can if it's dark and I gradually turn the brightness down while concentrating on the dot.
It's normal.
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Chad... I wonder if I can use the last settings with NOD's or not? I kow it is made for no NVG use but they are so dim you would think it would work.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any experiance with that. I've read here that they are too bright for NV.
Anybody know what these lowest settings are good for?
[Sly and the Family Stone] Absolutely Nothin'! Say it again! [sly and the Family Stone]
Thanks......Chad
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised you purchased a ML2 DM1975 as you regularly bad mouth Aimpoints on this forum

A quote from DM1975:
I HATE the aimpoint scopes we have though... total junk. we went to the range this last week and it was raining. Even with the caps closed on the scopes during the rain, when we went to qualify after the rain you could not see AT ALL through the damn things, complete fog out.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#7]
DM1975 what you are seeing (or not seeing) is perfectly normal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
With the front cap down I can see the dot even on the low setting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm surprised you purchased a ML2 DM1975 as you regularly bad mouth Aimpoints on this forum

A quote from DM1975:
I HATE the aimpoint scopes we have though... total junk. we went to the range this last week and it was raining. Even with the caps closed on the scopes during the rain, when we went to qualify after the rain you could not see AT ALL through the damn things, complete fog out.  

I can not stand the ones we are issued, the Comp M. I like the idea behind reflex sights and everyone tells me that the M2 and ML2 is the shit so I thought I would try it. But the issued M68 is the worst piece of glass I have ever looked through. If I had the money I would have bought an ACOG but oh well... Everyone just dismisses what I say about them but the issued ones are junk. Battery life is about 15 hours and they fog out quick, also the rehostat switches take a dump real bad on them all the time and if a battery is left in them for longer than a week they ruin the whole thing.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top