Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2004 1:48:26 PM EDT
How should I have made sure that my TriPower is straight from side-to-side in the ARMS mount?  I just used a standard bubble level - is there a better way?

And: is a 1x optical sight still considered a "scope"?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless your scope has a built-in BDC or external elevation & windage knobs designed to be used in the field (e.g. to dial elevation for long range), it does not really matter if the scope is rotated a little bit.   So in your case, don't worry about it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
True, it does make zeroing it a little more complicated.  But once that's done, it will never matter again.

A crooked scope with a BDC or external elevation knobs is terrible because using hold-over in the field will add windage.

-z
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure I got it straight - I was just wondering if there is a tool I can buy that was designed for it.  I seem to remember something about them in my Leupold manual, but it was mounted by a gunsmith so I didn't have to mess with it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top