Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:07:26 AM EDT
I've been thinking about putting some sort of optics setup on my 9mm AR lately, and wanted to get some input as to what setups have worked well for some of you.  I currently own an ACOG and have loved it, but was maybe thinking of trying something new.

With the close work that will be done with the 9mm, I was considering some sort of dot sight- i.e. Aimpoint, EOTech, etc.  What do you like, and with what mounting system, etc.?

Thanks for the input...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a flat top, or A2 carry handle?
For a flat top, I love the EOTech. No additional mount to buy and it co-witnesses with your BUIS perfectly.  I also like the way that the 65MOA circle frames the target.
For an A2, I like the Aimpoint on a bi-level rail like the ARMS 39A2
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew I forgot to mention something..... the upper is a standard A2 with carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking about changing my 9MM upper for a flat top. I have a Colt and don't know if the quality, finish, etc will be worth it. Anyone have any opinions on the RRA uppers? Who else makes 9mm uppers ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
i have an a2 olympic arms 9mm with an aimpoint mounted on the carry handle with a aimpoint gooseneck and qrp mount. it's a pretty nice set up, but i have to get a new aimpoint because the dot is starting wash out during the day (it is OLD.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I just switched to using a Bushnell Holosight mounted on a PRI rail on my A2 upper (from a cheap BSA red dot/gooseneck mount). Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but so far everything looks good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody have any pics to share of these different setups?

I don't know that I am open to change out uppers, and I think I'd like to keep what I have.

Thanks for all of the input, everyone!

-John
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice setup!  Choices, choices....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anybody have any pics to share of these different setups?

I don't know that I am open to change out uppers, and I think I'd like to keep what I have.

Thanks for all of the input, everyone!

-John

On top is a PCR-45 with heavy barrel, rail "gas block" and free float handguards.  On the back is a ACE ARFX-E stock and a Bushnell Holosight with the metal shield. On the bottom is a PCR-9 with a SOCOM block, handguard rail, some generic VFG and a PRI mount with a Bushnell Holosight.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#12]
the irons on an A2 upper.   (or an Aimpoint...)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#13]
PRI mount

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top