Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 9:04:17 PM EDT
Any of you guys have personal experience on Aimpoint's "QR" mount? Its the one that came with my aimpoint, and I haven't tried it yet. Will it be as rigid and as stable as the mounts from GG&G, knights, etc. Will it co-witnness with my iron sights if i mount it on a cantilevered rail for an A2 upper?Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. I find you can get it cranked down nice and tight if you push the nob in firmly while tightening. This will keep the nob from "snaping" prematurely. I also like it's low profile. When mounted on a flat top I think it co-witnesses better than any other mount out there.

I have also used the same mount on a cantalevered rail on an A2. You can co-witness with this set up but the sights are low in the tube. This being said you probably won't find a mount that improves much on this because of the Aimpoint mount's low profile. There are some out there that look like they are as low as the Aimpoint but why spend the money when you already have a quality mount.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
They are talking about the mount here.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top