User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:13 PM EDT
And which ones do you use?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the bench rest is where I always zero for training.

But when the hell are you ever going to shoot from a bench in the real world?  So if your checkweld is different on the bench, you may not get a perfect zero.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot NRA Highpower and regularly shoot load development and accuracy checks.  I can shoot a 20-shot string or two from prone, but it's much less tiring using a benchrest and scope.  I may shoot over 100 rounds when I'm doing full-blown load development.  I use a Midway rest, which has fewer features and is lighter than would be used in benchrest competion, with a bunny-ear rear bag.  Since benchresast isn't where I compete, a full-blown (expensive!!) setup is of no use to me.  I need to know whether my rifle is shooting ~1/2 MOA at 300+ yards - I never try to get smaller than that.  However, John Feamster was able to shoot an "official screamer" in bechrest competition - ~1/4" at 200 yards IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I use my Harris bipod to zero in.  I call it "real world" zeroing.  :)   I figure that is how I am going to use it anyways, so I might as well get my zero down accordingly.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
i use a sinclair bench rest.  the best out there IMO
Remman
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I clicked without an option. None . If we are talking AR's here, I prefer to sight in with my elbos on a bench, rifle in my hands.
Bolt gun, My rimfires I enjoy shooting from a rest front, and body support rear. My varmint guns shot from a 9-13" Harris swivel collapsed to 9" and if using the bipod from the bench, I put a towel under the bipod and suck up the height.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Loop sling
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Harris bi pod.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top